Monday, March 8, 2021

Your Lie In April

 

Hello! Today is a new day and another post for my progress on this film opening. The last thing I mentioned here was my plan for my opening and how I expected it to turn out, but I realized that my ideas had changed a lot since first beginning this project. At first I wanted this story to go more in a school-type direction, however, brainstorming ideas felt extremely difficult and I was not sure how it would turn out; but after a lot of time of thinking and exploring different shows I recalled one of my favorites, “Your Lie In April”. This show is another anime that covers the romance and sentiment of young teens through the idea of music. When I had watched it a few months ago, it had really caught my eye and yelled at it to start tearing up at every moment possible. Without even realizing it, somehow the repetition of the theme song in my mind had brought the show into influencing my ideas and I really wanted to talk about it.

Your Lie In April (2016) tells the heartbreaking story of a 14 year old boy, Kousei Arima, who is a piano prodigy, but stops playing once his mother dies. In the story he meets a violinist of the same age, Kaori Miyazono, who influenced him to get back to piano playing after two years. In the story, Kousei feels frightened by playing due to trauma from his mother dying, which causes him to become so focussed that he no longer hears the sounds of his own playing. Upon meeting Kaori, he eventually learns to play based on emotion, rather than what is on the score.


Though she isn’t the main love interest, In the opening of the first episode we see moments of Kousei’s best friend, Tsubaki, in the audience watching him play piano. The story opens with them as young children, of course when Arima still played piano, and him playing a song at some competition. In the audience we see close-ups of little Tsubaki and her reactions of shock and happiness and she is fixated on his music. 

In my film, I want to make the interaction between Vera and Andi more casual, rather than a competition, since that would require there to be more people. I think I am also going to incorporate close-ups of Andi playing piano and Vera watching from afar, before their whole meeting and interaction of Vera discovering that Andi is deaf.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dv2dniXzJFQgj-mC5BCDPXe1akYp78PQ/view?usp=sharing