Thursday, February 25, 2021

Sound Through Deaf Ears

 

    During the process of brainstorming for my project, I kept thinking about how I was going to incorporate sound techniques into my film opening, especially since my main character is Deaf. I had an incredible idea to create clips of sound as hearing people would, however, more intense and blaring, and then juxtapose that sound with silence, as if from the perspective of Andi. I was not completely sure how this idea would work, so even though I was very excited about this, I was a bit hesitant to write about it. This was until I coincidentally saw a movie in class about a week from when I had the idea (which was today) and now I have my heart set on this. 


    The Hammer (2010) is based on a true story, which talks about the deaf wrestler, Matt Hamill. The opening of this film, as well as other parts of the movie, are shot with the main character's perspective in mind as it switches from having sound, to having little to no sound at all (which would represent the profound deafness or small amount of residual hearing).

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dv2dniXzJFQgj-mC5BCDPXe1akYp78PQ/view?usp=sharing