Sunday, March 28, 2021

Actor Introduction

 

Along with my music and sound ideas, I’ve also talked quite extensively about my characters and character representation. I just wanted to touch up on this subject again just to introduce my actors and how I am going to change part of my ideas.


Andi: Sophia Scribani

She will be playing the quiet and shy Andi who is extremely talented and despite her profound deafness can excellently play the piano. Though Sophia does not have an entire knowledge of playing classical music and the piano, a utilization of different camera shots and angles will come into play to make it look like she is playing the piece perfectly. For the costume choice, I wanted to stick to something similar to my original board of ideas and aesthetic I mentioned in the beginning of my process.




Vera: Kailey Fretwell

Kailey will be playing Vera, the love interest and soon-to-be friend of Andi. As suggested by the plot and the shots in my storyboard, Vera is very curious about the world. She sees brightness and joy in a lot of things and will be stunned by Andi and her playing. Though not immediately falling in love with Andi, she is extremely intrigued by her and finding out that she is Deaf makes her want to keep following her life. Vera may be dressed more casually than suggested by her board, though still keeping the colorful and odd look that makes her unique.


Though I originally made Andi the main character, I think the story may eventually follow both characters and their thoughts and feelings for eachother to show the growth of their emotions that bring them from strangers, to friends, to lovers. I imagine later in the story both characters will learn to love each other’s interests and figure out what makes the other person so special.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dv2dniXzJFQgj-mC5BCDPXe1akYp78PQ/view?usp=sharing