Friday, March 26, 2021

More sounds

 

After weeks of wondering and questioning about all of my ideas and choices for this project, one of the most difficult ones has been for this piano song. This will play the part of the music in my film opening and I wanted to choose something that a typical piano player of that age may be playing; however, take into account the difficulty and my actors ability to play the song. I want to go for a more classical sound, but, I may scrap that idea completely if I find a song I connect with and enjoy listening to. With the few apps I mentioned, as well as the internet I will be searching for the perfect song.

And with that last note, I found the one that felt the best with what I wanted to convey. I searched for hours on Chosic with no clue where I would end up. For a while I considered Beethoven songs as a foreshadowing or suggestion that shows that Andi is also a Deaf pianist, but I could not find any of his songs that really stuck out to me. After a long time of searching I had kind of given up and picked one at random but it still did not seem to fit the more I kept listening to it. I wanted to continue looking just to see if I would discover something better. Finally I decided on the song Sonata No. 1 in F Minor, Op. 2 No. 1 – I. Allegro

This song has a decent level of difficulty and won’t be extremely hard to mask the fact that my actress may not be able to play this piece. It also has a fast enough tempo to grab the attention of people in another room, which would be Vera. Overall, it is very intriguing and is a good fit for the plot of my film opening. I am already planning how it will perfectly fit in with the tone I intend to create with each shot.

This was so exciting to see as I am finishing up with everything before filming and I am extremely eager to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dv2dniXzJFQgj-mC5BCDPXe1akYp78PQ/view?usp=sharing